What is a Preventative Maintenance Agreement (PM Agreement)?
It is an agreement between, E.F. Martin Mechanical Contractors and yourself, to have planned scheduled inspections and maintenance, for your heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system.
A PM appointment is generally scheduled semi-annually for a qualified service technician to go through your entire HVAC system preparing it for the upcoming season in a proactive approach before system failure and prior to overpaying your utility company.
There is nothing better for your heating and/or air conditioning system than preventative maintenance. This allows your system to work at peak efficiency year in and year out. A system that is maintained experiences considerably fewer breakdowns and will help extend the life of your HVAC system. This virtually eliminates the need for you to pay for costly repairs and “downtime”. You’ll enjoy the peace of mind in knowing that your system is saving you money on your utility bills every time it comes. on. In some instances, the energy savings are enough to pay the cost of the planned maintenance service.
What does the Preventative Maintenance include?
Our Preventative Maintenance Tasks Include the following:
- Check expansion valve
- Clean condensate drain
- Adjust bypass dampers
- Tighten electrical connections
- Evaluate safety controls
- Measure temperature difference
- Lubricate fan motor
- Check blower
- Check combustion air
- Clean or replace air filters (one (1) Merv 8, 1″ disposable) each visit, per unit (additional filter to be billed extra)
- Check flue
- Clean combustion chamber
- Clean condenser coil
- Adjust thermostat calibration
- Set burner adjustment
- Measure gas input
- Check start and run capacitors
- Check start and run delays
- Monitor refrigerant levels
- Adjust operating pressures
- Measure voltage differences
- Measure amperage draw
- Clean and adjust burners
- Set manifold pressure
- Test fan limit switch
- Inspect valves
- Check flame baffle
- Clean heat exchanger
- Check fan blades for tighteness
- Evaluate flue system
- Test thermocouple
- Check evaporator coil and spray with bio cid self-rinsing cleaning solution
What are the benefits of doing the Preventative Maintenance?
Preventative Maintenance Benefits Include:
- Reduces Cooling & Heating Costs ~ SAVING YOU MONEY!
- Improves Your Equipment Efficiency ~ GET THE MOST FROM YOUR INVESTMENT!
- Add Years to Equipment Life ~ PEACE OF MIND!
- Improve Dependability ~ COMFORT AVAILABLE WHEN YOU WANT IT!
- Protects Your Home ~ ASSURES PROPER AND SAFE EQUIPMENT OPERATION!
- Agreement Transferable ~ ADDS TO THE VALUE OF YOUR HOME!
- Discount on Repair Service ~ SAVE MONEY ON ALL NECESSARY REPAIRS!
- 24 Hour Emergency Service, 365 Days a Year ~ SERVICE AT YOUR CONVENIENCE – NOT OURS!
My comfort system is new, why does it need to be tuned up?
Well just like a new car after one year’s time it too is in need of maintenance; oil change, fluids refills or replacements, brake check etc.. The same goes for your heating and air conditioning equipment, it works hard year round to ensure that you are comfortable during those very in-climate hot and cold days. When the system work they get normal wear and tear, in addition, these systems have many electrical components that are effected by things such as; lightening storms, SCE&G power surges, power surges caused by car accidents that may have hit a telephone poll with in miles of your home. So although your equipment is “New” you should have it checked to ensure that it is working to its full capacity. It is always best to find a problem in its early stages instead of waiting until it’s an emergency, which could happen on the hottest or coldest day causing you to be uncomfortable and inconvenienced.
Does the manufacturer require maintenance in order to honor the limited warranty?
Yes, most all manufacturers require at least an annual maintenance be performed by a licensed professional in order to stay with in the Manufacturers’ Limited Warranty. Written on the Manufacturers’ Limited Warranty page that comes with the equipment booklets states that an annual maintenance must be performed by a licensed professional or they can deny a warranty claim. Please check your Manufacturers Limited Warranty page for more details and/or the warranty section on their website.
What is included with the PreSeason Maintenance Agreement?
Our PreSeason Maintenance Agreement is a Semi-Annual Service. We perform all the maintenance tasks that are listed on the Preventative Maintenance page. Which includes replacing the 1″ Merv 8 Pleated Air Filter, on each system, per visit. Typically scheduling the Air Conditioning Maintenance Appointment Spring/Summer and the Heat Maintenance Fall/Winter approximately six months apart from the first appointment.
What are the benefits of the Preventative Maintenance Agreement?
- 10% Off Parts, Labor & Diagnostic Fees
- Priority Scheduling, during normal business hours, over non-agreement customers
- Includes one (1) Merv 8 Standard Pleated Air Filter per unit, per visit
- No Overtime Fees for service calls placed on a night, weekend or holiday
- 24 Hour Emergency Service, 365 Days a Year
Do I have to remember to schedule my appointment every six months?
We understand that most everyone has a busy schedule so we have three different methods to help you remember when to schedule your maintenance appointment: Post Card, Email, Telephone.
How do I schedule my maintenance appointment?
You can schedule your maintenance appointment by:
Call our office during normal business hours Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm – 803-799-1717
Email us : email@example.com
Why do I have to have maintenance on my unit?
The Manufacturer’s warranty states that it the responsibility of the customer to maintain their system by having it serviced a minimum of once a year by a licensed professional or they have the right to deny all claims. It is now becoming common for the factory to require proof of these services. If you cannot provide such documentation then they will deny your claim.
With each new install E.F. Martin will cover your first year of preventative maintenance. Following that initial year it is your responsibility to either enter into a yearly service agreement or to call in and have a non-contract service inspection completed annually.
What does that mean?
This means that you will get all the same benefits and service that you get with the PreSeason Agreement but you also get additional benefits.
The best way I can describe the difference between our PreSeason Agreement and Full Service Agreement is by using Car Insurance as an example.
– Our PreSeason Agreement is like Liability Insurance you get the basic coverage you need. The service calls and repairs are not included.
– Our Full Service Agreement is like Full Coverage/Comprehensive Coverage. Your service call fee is covered and you have a $1,000.00 allowance to be used toward your parts and labor if you need a repair. Even better if your unit needs to be replaced that $1,000.00 allowance can be used toward your unit replacement with E.F. Martin Mechanical.
Benefits of our Full-Service Maintenance Agreement:
- $1,000.00 – Allowance per unit to be used toward Repairs and unit Replacements with E.F. Martin Mechanical Contractors.
**$1,000.00 allowance is per yearly agreement period & the balance does not roll forward**Excludes Lightening, Power Surges, or any other act of nature. Vandalism or damaged caused by others
- Includes ALL standard pleated air filters per unit (Merv 8)
- No Diagnostic Fees!24 Hour Emergency Service, 365 Days a Year
- No Overtime fees for service calls placed on a night, weekend or holiday
- Priority Scheduling, during normal business hours, over non agreement customers